cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

3d modeling of pcb in creo

ptc-4708897
1-Newbie

3d modeling of pcb in creo

Hi all,

I have pcb emn and emp files opened in creo but i am un able to make a 3d model

the same which looked in the allegro

please help

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Raj...

Importing the components is done through the EMP file. The board itself (and the holes) are from the EMN file. Broad space claim is all that EMP file will really give you... usually just blocks of the approximate size and shape of your components.

However, if you want, you can get a really tremendous board layout with real detailed parts by going to www.simplifiedsolutionsinc.com

Try this tutorial... I think it's written for one of the Wildfire versions of Pro/E, but it has some great information that should help you:

http://www.simplifiedsolutionsinc.com/images/Steps_to_create_3D_PCBs_in_ProE.pdf

If you need help after checking out these resources, let me know. I've worked with the gentleman that owns Simplified Solutions and he's very good. He saw a need in the Pro/E market and filled it... now he's expanded to other CAD systems as well.

Hope this helps!

-Brian

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Try edit definition of the import feature and see if you can do anything with the import doctor.

You might also try to get a different export file like STP.

thanks but this does not work

may be there is problem with importing from allegro to creo

so what is the right way to import from allegro to creo

Regards

Search this in your help files:

"About Using the Allegro Format"

The help files suggest there are limitations that you are probably seeing and require special attention.

Which version of software are you using?

I am using pro/e creo 1.0

parametric, direct and view

I searched in help but it's not valauble

giving different details

thanks

Sorry, I was assuming you were importing Allegro files but you are importing ECAD files.

Same thing, you need to get very familiar with the About Importing ECAD Databases section of the help files.

Someone else might do this in a regular basis. I am only trying to point you in the right direction.

The more descriptive information you provide and the more references you attach will give you much more detailed help in the forum. I know it is hard sometimes with proprietary data.

As a side note, nothing in PTC help is really helpful in a direct sense. It takes experience to get to the bottom of many of these issues that come up daily.

There is a lot of information in the help regarding ECAD. Getting you through it may require support as well. Nothing guarantees that you will be able to achieve the results you are looking for.

thanks

yah its ECAD files emn and emp format in creo

trying to open these but only broad outline came up

not the components which i wanted to come

I will do more search on PTC help

electrical engineer made pcb in allegro and I need to open in creo means import

importing is done but no component is shown up just their outline

Hi Raj...

Importing the components is done through the EMP file. The board itself (and the holes) are from the EMN file. Broad space claim is all that EMP file will really give you... usually just blocks of the approximate size and shape of your components.

However, if you want, you can get a really tremendous board layout with real detailed parts by going to www.simplifiedsolutionsinc.com

Try this tutorial... I think it's written for one of the Wildfire versions of Pro/E, but it has some great information that should help you:

http://www.simplifiedsolutionsinc.com/images/Steps_to_create_3D_PCBs_in_ProE.pdf

If you need help after checking out these resources, let me know. I've worked with the gentleman that owns Simplified Solutions and he's very good. He saw a need in the Pro/E market and filled it... now he's expanded to other CAD systems as well.

Hope this helps!

-Brian

Hi Brian,

thanks a lot

this really helps me

I appreciate your help in solving my problem

thank you for your time

raj

My pleasure Raj. Good luck!

Top Tags