cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

A round with user defined transitions that is not...

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

A round with user defined transitions that is not...

Ever created a pretty simple round, picking a single edge but it fails for no good reason, and you get the error message:

Recent changes have caused user-defined transition references to be lost.
Changes to either the current feature's geometry or to some other feature have
caused the references for user-defined transition (No. 1) to be lost.
The affected transitions must have their references redefined.

Recommended actions:
Redefine the TRANSITIONS element for the failed feature, and select the
Transitions indicated above for redefinition. Reselect lost references.

?

The problem is... there aren't any user defined transitions in my round. But... I can go to the transitions tab and see 1 or more supposedly failed transitions. I can delete them, even though they came from nowhere in the first place, then go back to the sets tabs and tick it off... and of course get the same error message again, as though I had done nothing to delete the transitions, which is fair enough as I never created them in the first place.

I have had this bogus error message come up for several years, well before Creo, maybe before Wildfire, but I'm not sure. Why don't PTC fix things like this instead of messing with menus?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Yep, one of the more maddening errors in Creo. Been around since about WF4 or so I think.

The software decides it needs a transition, then it can't make the transition work so it tells you that your transition failed.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags