cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Ability to pattern parameters that will increment/change & use the instance members within a patterned feature

WayneSchrock
12-Amethyst

Ability to pattern parameters that will increment/change & use the instance members within a patterned feature

Add ability to pattern a feature parameter within the pattern options when patterning a feature. Must have ability to control via relations as well as increment. ASCII codes could be used for incrementing text values. A key change would have to be that the patterned sketched members reference the corresponding parameter patterned member.

Use Case:

We create a sketch/cosmetic feature that is text. This is used for engraving information, cavity identification on a plate. If we could use the "Use parameter" option in the text prosperities dialog box within sketcher, then pattern the feature & parameter we could easily add this information on our models & change easily. In picture below you will see Patterned feature HOLE_1 has PARAMETER_1 this parameter is used in feature ID_5 which is ref patterned. The result is the same text in all locations as shown in top row of holes in picture. I would like to be able to do as shown in row 2 or 3 except with a patterned feature.

Capture2.gif

2 REPLIES 2

This would be also useful if implemented on an assembly level - flexible components being patterned and each instance's would vary according to a varying parameter value.

PS.  Have you looked into this thread which investigated creating a 2-D grid of numerical labels:  Pattern numbers

I have this working wonderfully, but am confused as to why this same concept does not work if the sketch is used to make an extrusion.  I like to recess text and make it a different color so it's more visible in the model itself.

Top Tags