Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About making draft lines

SOLVED

Re: About making draft lines

Thanks.

I think that sweep is good way.

But I don't understand how to create that shape.

I tried, but my sweep edge's line isn't same (=draft lines).

Please give me creo's data.

I did not save the change. I will recreate it later today.

I have created 3 versions using the sweep technique. Each more preferable then the previous depending on the level of effort required.

1st is a simple sweep that follows the exiting edges of the round. This creates a few artifacts that may or may not be acceptable. In general, they would disappear in tooling.

2nd is the preferred version where the round's edges are extended for the sweep feature.

3rd reconstructs the round geometry and replaces the 50mm normal round with a C2 round feature.

c2_round.PNG

This is the location where the 15 degree line is established

15degree.PNG

And one more that uses the tangent surface feature. Not completely intuitive and a difficult to manage interface, but the angle should be a consistent 15 degrees.

As with all things that require draft angles, this really puts you in what I term "a 12D environment". There are so many ways to define the same (similar) thing that it is hard to second guess the designer or the toolmaker.

In this instance, I had to go to the help pages to get some guidance on the Tangent Surface module. Even so, it was tricky to get even the basic version to work.

Since the top is sloped, the 175mm offset surface is there to make sure the tangency angle is maintained. A section defined the offset required for the 15 degree tangency.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much .

Thank you so much.

These answers were helped me and my problems was closed.

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!