cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Add Annotation-feature to a Template-file

ptc-3197562
1-Newbie

Add Annotation-feature to a Template-file

Hey everybody,

I have a question regarding the use of annotation features in template-files (*.xml) in an turning process.

My goal is to establish an automated process in which already created NC-sequences can be used. For the changing parameters of the parts(e.g. a bigger diameter) i want to attache annotation features in the part design which shall then be integrated in the template of the existing NC-sequence. So actually the NC-process remains the same but the parameters (diameter, lenght) of the part can change.

I hope I could describe the circumstances properly, so you can understand what i want to do.

What i did so far.

I created a new operation with one (easy) NC-sequence and a template (.xml-file) and saved it in my working directory. (Pic.1)

Now I want to add an annotation feature to this template. I tried two two different options.

First option was to extract the annotation feature from my reference-part with the icon in the process manager (red circle)

Prozess-Manager_Schablone.JPG

Second option was do go in the part design of my used part and add the annotation feature to the template (red circleErzeugen+der+Fertigungschablone+im+Part-Design.JPG)

Unfortunately both ways did not work!!!

Can someone tell me how the integrate annotation features properly to my part oder mfg-operation to use it in my template?

Thank you for helping!

Christopher

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags