cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Add column to drawing table without expanding repeat region

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Add column to drawing table without expanding repeat region

I have a drawing table which consists of a few repeat regions, each in its own column. I wish to add another column to the drawing table, with its own repeat region. When I add a column to the table, the adjacent column's repeat region is expanded to encompass both its own column and the new one I just added. This is a problem when you're not paying attention because if you subsequently add a repeat region to what you think is an empty column, you instead have overlapping regions, which will likely give odd results (blanked cells, etc).

A workaround is to delete the offending multi-column repeat region, then redefine it, but this could be a pain if a lot of filters are defined for it, etc.

Therefore, I have two questions, either of which might solve my problem:

(1) Is there a way to redefine a repeat region's extent in the table so it can be changed so it only refers to one column?

(2) Is there a technique for adding columns to a table that will avoid this mess altogether?

1 REPLY 1

I too have this issue, and it is a real time waste to have to redefine the column that has been unintentionally expanded.  Is there a solution to this?

Top Tags