cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Add possibility for ModelCHECK to rename parameters used in relations and Pro/Program

tukei
3-Visitor

Add possibility for ModelCHECK to rename parameters used in relations and Pro/Program

We are implementing ModelCHECK in our company, and we would like ModelUPDATE to rename parameters used in relations and Pro/Program. The check PARAM_RENAME renames parameters that are not used in relations. We would like to have the same behavior with parameters used in the relations, and also we would like ModelUPDATE to replace the parameter in the relations context and Pro/Program as well.

3 REPLIES 3
danderson
11-Garnet
(To:tukei)

Have you tried adding the following config.pro option?

ALLOW_CREATE_PDM_PARAM Yes

tukei
3-Visitor

Hi Don, thanks for your comment. I actually opened a case in PTC Technical Support and they said there isn't such functionality in Creo ModelCHECK. They suggested me to add an idea for a future enhancement. I also tried many ways and it doesn't allow renaming a parameter being used in the relations.

dnordin
15-Moonstone

In what specific relations do you need to check/rename the parameter?  Part, Feature, Sketch, Pattern, etc.  If you want to check every possible relation, how long will the MC Update take if it needs to examine every feature, pattern, sketch, etc. for relations?

If you have a specific part/assy relation you need to update, you can script it yourself since relations can easily be exported and imported.  We do this to update old models where the relations have since changed.  Use a mapkey to export the relations, use an OS script to rename the parameter in the relations file, and then use a mapkey to import the relations.

Another option, as a work around or alternative, would be to look at third party tools for model updates like B&W Software's SmartUpdate.  https://www.buw-soft.de/index.php?id=smartupdate&L=3

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags