cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Add row in between repeat region

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Add row in between repeat region

Hello,

I would like to know whether one can add row in between repeat region or not.

Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

For what purpose?

- as a removed item or as a spacer or for some other reason?

please elaborate.

I would like to add one row in between for a Dummy part [Dummy part means not a CAD Part]..

For Example,

Below is the original repeat region

001-Prt001.prt

002-Prt002.prt

003-Prt003.prt

I need below table:

001-Prt001.prt

000-Dumy Part [This part is not present into CAD]

002-Prt002.prt

003-Prt003.prt

Regards

Ketan

I tried to add a line between Prt001 and PRT002, but end up with one extra line after each cad part

I have a model called dummy.prt that has all the parameters that standard parts have. This part is a family table with each instance being a part that is not modeled but needs to be in the assembly. I just assembly 000-DumyPart into the assembly at 0,0,0 and the pattern it if there is more than one instance of that part. That way my BOM is correct.

Hopefully that helps.

Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I do this for parts such as plastic bags, rubber bands, ....

Sorry,

Got pulled into a meeting and couldn't respond as fast as I'd like.

I was going to offer both options: Dale Rosema and Don Senchuk

I prefer the bulk object option.

You however, left the impression that there may, in the future, be a need to generate a part.  Therefore, choosing Dale's option may be beneficial to you.

ron

Look into bulk objects.

You add a bulk object to your assembly and it appears in both the model tree and the BOM, but it isn't represented by any CAD geometry. It would typically be used for something like glue, paint, grease or anything else that isn't modeled but has to be included in the BOM.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:DonSenchuk)

A bulk item is the way I would go and then fix the index.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags