cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Adding Relation in repeat region table

vijay
1-Newbie

Adding Relation in repeat region table

• In a repeat region family table shown in below image, "N" has to replaced with "-". Is it possible to replace "N" with "-" only in detail drawing whereas the model with family table uses "N"?

Relation to family table.png

• How to write the relation?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:vijay)

You need to do two things: create new parameters and then use them.

The reason is that you can't over-write/change model parameters within the repeat region, so you need to create new ones that represent the result you want. Then you use the repeat region parameters you made in the region and not the original model parameters.

If the model parameter was: ITEM_NAME and you wanted ITEM_NAME to be used unless it was "N" you would use a relation like:

rpt_item_name = ITEM_NAME

if rpt_item_name =="N"

rpt_item_name = "-"

endif

In the repeat region instead of using asm.mbr.ITEM_NAME, use rpt.rel.rpt_item_name

I recommend using "rpt_" as a prefix for the new parameter names to make it easier to identify the relationship to the original parameter.

I think rpt_item_name = ITEM_NAME line is not correct. Use rpt_item_name = asm_mbr_ITEM_NAME

MH

Martin Hanák

I'm going to cheat and suggest that ITEM_NAME was the full, qualified name, but your suggestion does make it easier to understand.

At least I got it right half the time.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:vijay)

Hi,

I think wanted solution depends on repeat region representation. I guess you created Two-D repeat region ...

Please upload data for testing purposes. This helps us to find the proper resolution of your problem.

Use How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags