Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Filleting

Level 7

Advanced Filleting

I am trying to fillet to a feature that is shorter than the fillet size. I want to fillet to the edge and still remain tangent and also hold the fillet size. Is there a way to do this? If you use the filleting option 'through curve' you can't hold the fillet size. It just puts in a random tangent fillet. I want to be tangent to one side and through curve on the other side. Can someone point me in the right direction on this issue. Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

RE: Advanced Filleting

Also it can be in surface or solid. Whichever way I can do it I will make it work for me.

"I want to be tangent to one side and through curve on the other side." That is exactly what the through curve option does. Because a round is round there is only 1 value that allows you to go through that curve and be tangent to the other side, therfore the curve is controlling the radial value. If you dont want it to be a "round" anymore, explore some surfacing options live boundary blend and variable section sweep.

I disagree. I want to hold a 5mm fillet tangent to one side and through the curve on the other side. Not have a variable radius. ProE will make the fillet tangent to both side 1 and the curve. I don't need to be tangent to the curve just to hold the radius value. I can do it in another software thats why I have been trying to get it in Pro. There has to be a way, I just maybe don't know where it is. Thanks for your input.

Like this.

RE: Like this.

If you dont want it to be tangent to the surface at the curve then yes you can hold the radius value. The round tool will always make it tangent on both edges of the round so you will have to use some other geometry creation method. I would look into a variable section sweep to make this.

Thanks Corey. Not sure how I will make a variable section sweep in this case but I will give it a shot. Still learning Pro compared to other software packages and it gets frustrating when I know what I want it to do and just can't get it done. Thanks again for the help.