cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Allow usage of part level parameters in an assembly family table

slapha
15-Moonstone

Allow usage of part level parameters in an assembly family table

There should be a way to access and display part parameters in a drawing table for an assembly family table.

Either allowing the repeat region table to peer down into the part parameters, or allow adding those part parameters to the assembly family table as reference fields.

The title may be confusing, so I welcome any suggestions for a better idea.

Use case 1: Our filenames do not match our part numbers, due to special characters or other scenarios. If our family table assembly, uses a family table part, we can only show the filename for that family table part in the repeat region for the family table. We use separate parameters to drive part number and description. We would want to show these instead of the filenames.  As a side note these could be added to the family table as reference columns for all that I care to get them into that table or some other method.

REF: CS199381

Use case 2: You might also want to show reference information (Parameters/Dimensions/etc) for that component, If that lower level component helps determine some characteristic feature of the assembly it would be nice to be able to show it as reference only.

I attempted to do this through a relation, passing the part relation to an assembly parameter (similar to CS199381), but because that lower level component changes, the component ID changes for each one. There is no way to point to the family table part for each instance of the assembly.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags