cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Anyone else have any issues with swept blends?

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Anyone else have any issues with swept blends?

We had an issue where we tried to do a simple swept blend with 2 sections, each comprised of an arc, and a straight segment, though on each section the arc was on the opposite side. I other words, from one section to the next, either an arc segment would transition to a straight segment, or a straight segment would transition to an arc. When we tried to do it as a solid cut, inverted the sections so that it transitioned the arc to arc, and line to line, giving us a preview as if we'd had the start points reversed. We had to do it as a surface, then do a "solidify-cut" to make it work. Weird.

Anyone else see anomalies like this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You lost me at "simple"! You want the line to become an arc and the arc to become a line?

sweep_blend.JPG

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Yep, except these were open sections, where the line was tangent to the arc, it's just that as you swept along the trajectory curve, they switched. Also, the trajectories were curved. We got some REALLY weird results.

Yep, in Creo 2 I too get some really wierd results.

Top Tags