cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Anyone have 4 Axis post working on Wildfire 3?

kdavidson
1-Newbie

Anyone have 4 Axis post working on Wildfire 3?

Friend having issues with UV axis in WF3, does anyone have a working 4 axis post, generic or heinz 57.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I notice there hasn't been any feedback on this. I looked for any post-processors that are 4- or 5-axis, and it seems that every time someone asks a question about one, there is zero response. If I recall correctly, there are companies that will create a post-processor for your specific machine. Unfortunately, I have never found a source for general information about making such a thing myself. If I could get a copy of the "FIL" file used to process 4th axis stuff, I'd likely be able to figure out how things are done, etc.

You could also call the company that sold you the Pro/Engineer software, and see if they have any suggestions. They usually will be able to put you in touch with people that build post-processors for a living.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:KenFarley)

Ken,

the Fil and GPost  manuals are in your load point. C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M070\Common Files\x86e_win64\gpost. if you want to try and make one yourself.

Most of the time post processors don't get shared as far as I have seen. If you want someone to custom make one you might try Austin NC directly they might build one for you.

Steve

we created a 4 axis post, works on both Creo 3 and 2001i2

In Wildfire 3 it applies XY as UV, to simplify it uses XY XY instead of XYUV

Steve,

I didn't know they included manuals with the installation. That's cool. I haven't perused the installed gpost directory in years and years, because I have my post-processor files in a permanent directory, so I don't have to worry about shenanigans caused by installing the latest version of Creo.

I've posted some parts of my FIL files on here in the past, to answer questions I had answers for, like when I wanted to "fix" the wildly incorrect time estimates given for drilling cycles (the default is to assume all holes are drilled with one straight shot, no pecking, etc). It's the easiest way to illustrate techniques. Of course, as with most computer programs, many of the ones I've found as examples are horrible messes of incomprehensible code. The hardest part of this stuff is deciphering and debugging the more esoteric calls to POSTF.

I think the main problem is that the user base for the Manufacturing module is small, so we don't see a lot of trial-and-error experiences to learn from. No matter how much I like this tool for difficult programming (like custom trajectory milling on contoured surfaces with a flat endmill), MasterCAM is the most common means of generating NC programs. Oh well.

mrao
8-Gravel
(To:kdavidson)

Hello Kyle,

I think you can take look at below hyperlink, hope that can help you, thanks!!

Mill post

http://support.ptc.com/cs/cs_27/howto/ncgp2646/ncgp2646.htm

Lathe post

http://support.ptc.com/cs/cs_27/howto/ncgp2647/ncgp2647.htm

thanks so much

Mark Rao

Top Tags