cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Anyone using "Empty Annotation Element"?

CADQueen
5-Regular Member

Anyone using "Empty Annotation Element"?

Inside of the Annotation Feature dialog there is the option to create an Empty Annotation Element. Is anyone using this?

I am trying to understand why you would do this or what purpose it would serve.

empty annotation.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

In theory you could rename the Element Name in the model tree to provide some sort of note.  I cannot think of any other reason.

CADQueen
5-Regular Member
(To:lsrutkowski)

Before posting this I found someone that said they used this to prevent Windchill from iterating a file.

The empty element is so hidden that I would be afraid of it being overlooked if used for a note.

So far I haven't been able to think of any good reason for this feature either. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

Top Tags