cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Apply Changes in DIN EN ISO 22553 to Annotation welding symbols

jschmidt
6-Contributor

Apply Changes in DIN EN ISO 22553 to Annotation welding symbols

In April 2014, the standard DIN EN ISO 22553 was released.

The resulting changes in the symbolic representation of welded joints shouild be included in Annotation module.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Are you presenting this as an idea?

Can you give some indication or examples of the changes that effect the welding module?

jschmidt
6-Contributor
(To:jschmidt)

Yes, I tried to to so...

I attach a document where the changes are listed.

Yes, there are some useful upgrades in this standard.  I hope PTC updates their weld application to make use of this.

In general, I create my own symbols for these things.  For the limited use I have for welds, I find it easier to manage them with geometry in order to control how it is managed on drawings.  Typically, I use solid welds.  I can also generate symbols on the fly to meet my specific requirement.  If you find yourself using many symbols you can always build a library in the Sketch Palette to maintain consistency.  These can be used in the symbol editor.

Top Tags