Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you kidding me???

Highlighted

Re: Are you kidding me???

I don't think it's a typo.  Those same numbers are all over the place.

Creo Packages 03.png

Creo Packages 04.png

We have two seats of AAX  and neither are that high.  We do'nt sell software either and I can be corrected (happens seldom)    what part of the country are you in?  Whats your email address?  

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

@bbrejcha,

I'm in Michigan but that's irrelevant.  The pricing I listed is from EAC's website, one of PTC's larger VAR's (although the image below is from Nova Edge in CA.)  The issue is not advanced assembly (now called "Top Down Design & Concurrent Engineering"), he's looking for "Advanced Surfacing & Additive Manufacturing" (which I think is the old "ISDX" + the new additive manufacturing.)  PTC recently reworked their packages and those two items are only included in the "Creo Design Advanced Plus" and higher packages.  See picture below:

Creo Packages.png

yea.  your right.   I was chatting w/ our VAR Friday night and mentioned this thread.  He confirmed the price.  If you want to know the truth, SW has 5 percent of the power of AAX 

I guess design engine got one AAX license grandfathered in at a super discount and the other is the price you note.  Im not that involved in accounting.    What part of MI are you in?  Im in Detroit 6 full weeks teaching AAX over the next 3 months.  

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

@FrankSSchiavone wrote:

I'd definitely look into it first and save yourselves some money.

...but we still don't have solid-body sweeps (something I'd pay extra for as a core feature and a TRUE enhancement)...

Did Creo 5 not introduce the Volume Helical Sweeps? Or are you asking for something else?

@bbrejcha wrote:

What part of MI are you in?

Holland, MI.  (Yes, Scott calls every now and then with training opportunities.)  

"Anyways I want my software to cost a lot ... makes me worth more"

LOL  Smiley Happy

They keep changing the license structure around so much who knows what the capabilities for the different packages are anymore???

That said, if the "Design Advanced Plus" in fact IS the old ISDX, then I can probably get by with the "Design Advanced", especially since unfortunately I've never had any of the ISDX training.  I STILL think $6k for a one-year license is a total ripoff though especially since you used to be able to BUY a seat for about $4k.

I'm sure I can find some company out there willing to sell me an old beater computer with the software on it as part of their "downsizing" if I decide to go that route.

I don't think you can by a seat from a company that is keep some of their licenses. From my understanding, the whole company division must be sold in order for the software to be transferred, If not, I have 22 seats that are at Creo 2 or older that we are not using! We are currently maintaini9ng only 10 seats of Creo3+.

MMMM, close, but not quite.  And close is only good for horseshoes and hand grenades, right?  Smiley Happy

What I want is the sweep tool having the ability to use a solid body instead of a section following a path I pre-define (wrapped curve, projected curve, curve via equation, etc.) not being stuck with a helix.  I also want, like you can in the sweep tool, to be able to force the section (in this case, the tool), to have a constant normal with relation to a certain object.  I don't see this functionality here, but maybe I'm missing it (don't think so but it's possible).

Would this new creo 5 tool work for most of the geometry I've had issues with?  Yup.  Will it work for ALL of the geometry I'd like to create?  Nope.  Getting better though.  If that required an extra fee for a "machining" module that truly HAD all these capabilities, it'd be worth it.