cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Assign Library Material with Family Table

SEaswaran2
8-Gravel

Assign Library Material with Family Table

Hello alll,

I am trying to assign Material from material library for the instances of a Family Table. Has anyone have idea on this ? Family Table consits of instnaces with different materials. I tried assining density to each instances by using relations and I could create it. Is there a way to assing material from library by using relation to instances of a Family Table?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Santhosh 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

It would be required to add all the materials (needed to be assigned to different instances) to the generic model,

after that in family table parameter "PTC_MATERIAL_NAME" can be selected & drop down menu for the materials already added to generic is available

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you can do this with a native part (no family tables), then you should be able to do this with family tables.

Somehow I suspect that assigning materials using relations is not possible.

Hi

It would be required to add all the materials (needed to be assigned to different instances) to the generic model,

after that in family table parameter "PTC_MATERIAL_NAME" can be selected & drop down menu for the materials already added to generic is available

pkhanna,

Thanks for your solution. 

Now can I make drop down selection for "PTC_MATERIAL_NAME" as relation. so that it can assign the value for 

"PTC_MATERIAL_NAME" based on another parameter say MATERIAL(created by me)

is this possible ?

Top Tags