cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Automate scaling of the model

ptc-2764320
1-Newbie

Automate scaling of the model

Hi, I want to scale the model on the drawing template automatically depending on 1) size of the model and 2) available space on the drawing template. Right now my default_draw_scale is 1. I donot want to use the custom scale because I want to automate this process and also donot want to draw lines to measure the width and height of the model to calculate the scale. My Questions are: 1) Is there any way I can calculate the width and height of the model within the pro/e without drawing lines? 2) Is there a feature in pro/e to autofit the model on the drawing template? I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks!!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Can anyone please let me know how to calculate the width and height of a drawing(not the part)?

In Wildfire 3.0 you can drag a box to define the view size, by keeping the LMB depressed to define a view bounding box as you place the template view. http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/relnotes/note.jsp?&im_dbkey=26817&icg_dbkey=826

Hi Andrew, This is what I am looking for. Thanks a lot for the reply. I am able to draw a view bounding box in the template mode. But how do we bind a model to the view in the template mode so that it automatically scales the model? Regards, Chandana

I was able to automate scaling successfully. Thanks Andrew!! Regards, Chandana
Top Tags