cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Automatic refit when changing saved view?

dthompson-5
4-Participant

Automatic refit when changing saved view?

Hello all,

I'm trying to set up a new MBD start part for our company. We prefer a different CSYS orientation than Creo's default part template, so I'm trying to reorient the default front, back, top, bottom, left, and right saved orientations to align with our preferred orientation.

The problem is that when I overwrite one of the default saved orientations with our preferred orientation, the zoom level and pan position remains the same as when I saved the orientation - so when the model geometry is added or is changed, the model is no longer scaled properly or centered in the graphics window. 

I understand that I could just click "refit" each time I change an orientation, but I want this "refit" operation to occur automatically, especially since I am using combined states to show the model's orthographic orientations with appropriate annotations. I know this behavior is possible because the default Creo part template's saved orientations operate this way, and I have seen other models created from other custom start parts with custom saved orientations that operate this way as well. I just can't find a setting when saving the orientation that tells Creo to refit the graphic window to be centered on model geometry.

I would very much prefer the user to not have to save their own refit orientations when they make changes to their part. Any suggestions?

Edit - I am on Creo Parametric 4.0 M040

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dthompson-5)

Press 'Default' (to reset the pan and zoom), then pick your two orientation references.

Do not manually spin or zoom the model.

Save the new orientation.

Default View.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dthompson-5)

Press 'Default' (to reset the pan and zoom), then pick your two orientation references.

Do not manually spin or zoom the model.

Save the new orientation.

Default View.png

dthompson-5
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

TomU,

This is exactly what I needed, thank you very much!

Top Tags