cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Axis Display and Csys display on Creo 2.0 M100 is grayed out !

ptc-287028
4-Participant

Axis Display and Csys display on Creo 2.0 M100 is grayed out !

We have just upgraded to Creo 2.0 M100 and the 2 display options "Axis Display" and Csys Display are grayed out , why? how to correct?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert,

This is because of change in functionality from M100 datecode. If display of planes or axis is set to no in config.sup, options will inactive in interface. Remove/Comment config options display_coord_sys and display_axes from config.sup to enable in interface.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Robert,

This is because of change in functionality from M100 datecode. If display of planes or axis is set to no in config.sup, options will inactive in interface. Remove/Comment config options display_coord_sys and display_axes from config.sup to enable in interface.

Mahesh,

These display options have always been a preference setting for an organization and a users preferred start environment. They should not have been changed without some way to control this overall action with another config option.

David

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:DHLewis)

It almost makes sense to change it, if the change is as described. The point of config.sup is to make changes that users cannot override. If there was some reason to never allow access to csys and axis display, then turning it off in the config.sup should do it.

It's been the case that adding a mapkey to config.sup prevents all other mapkeys from being used, even other mapkeys in the config.sup.

Simple rule? Don't put things in the config.sup if you expect users to be able to change the status of the options.

Don't agree with this. The reason for these options being set in the config.sup is to stop them from displaying when you start Creo. Not to disable you from being able to display them. Also, it's inconsistent as the Datum Points display is not greyed out when the display option is set to No in the config.sup.

That's what config.pro is for, not config.sup. Config.sup holds all the options that are NOT supposed to be modified by users and/or their config.pro and is usually used by administrators to ensure all CAD engineers use the same base settings. I don't think PTC is to blame in this case, rather the person who put those options in config.sup instead letting users decide about them. PTC don't even supply config.sup with standard installation, it has to be created and maintained manually.

While I agree that I would put these options in the config.pro, they are to determine whether the datums display on startup. Not to stop you from being able to display them. And if this functionality has been introduced, it would be the same for datum points

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:gtracey)

First, look at the documentation for config.sup. I'll wait. ..... OK This is for setting config options so they can't be overriden by the config.pro files. Apparently the PTC programmers have the idea that it applies to anything the user might change that could be changed within config.pro. Set a mapkey in config.sup and then try to create a mapkey.

Second, if it isn't the same for datum points, that's only because PTC programmers aren't perfect. Consistency is no clue about the reasoning behind any large piece of software. It seems to me that the programmers are getting around to eliminating inconsistencies, as they have here.

What's to wonder about is why it's a problem. Cut the entry from the config.sup file and paste it into the loadpoint/.../config.pro. Done. No sweat. Works like it used to; works like expected; works like it's documented.

I am in China, Please modify the system color, that is the path: file/options/system colors/datum

Top Tags