cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Axis pattern fails to regenerate, controlled by family table

phanishankar
4-Participant

Axis pattern fails to regenerate, controlled by family table

Hello All, I have a problem with pattern with the flanges I am making. I have created a family table for the flanges. but the family table is failing for certain instances. because the axis pattern of holes are not getting updated. It is controlled by family table and number of holes are 16 and only 14 holes are shown on the flange.

please find the images uploaded here.

Any help regarding this is greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

Interesting.  I don't know why this happens - maybe open a case with PTC.  Something funny with their math, because unchecking "Follow axis rotation" in the options tab will solve the issue with patterns failing for certain combination of hole instances.

Hello, i think this might be down to how the axis pattern is defined in your generic part. It is my belief that you have defined the pattern with an incremental angle value & number of holes instead of selecting the angular extent of pattern & number of pattern members. If this is the case then re-define the pattern. See attached image.

Good luck?

John   

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply 

I defined the pattern same as you mentioned. may be its with the version I am using Creo 2.0 M150.

Top Tags