cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

BASIC QUESTION: is there a reason for which the "t" variable won't work in "curve from equation"?

nalexandru
12-Amethyst

BASIC QUESTION: is there a reason for which the "t" variable won't work in "curve from equation"?

Hi,

Is there a reason for which, in my case, the interval of variable "t" in curve from equation has NO EFFECT on my curve?

X=RING_GAUGE*pi*T
Y=RING_GAUGE/2*TAN(INCLINED_ANG:1)*(1-SIN(T*360+90))

One would expect that if I change the "t" value interval from "0 to 1" to "0 to 10" for example, I will have ten times the sine curve. instead is just one sine curve on the unwraped cylinder no matter what values I choose for "t"

nic.0 to 1.PNG5 to 10.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

It was the INCLINED_ANGLE:1 parameter that was creating problems for some reason. Changing with a parameter from the INPUT bloc in the assy, it worked.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

seems to be working fine in creo 4 M010, with t ranging from 0-1 or 0-10 or 5-10

sine_curve2.JPGsine_curve3.JPG

We can also make ten times the sine curve by changing y value in equation to 

y=ring_gauge/2*tan(inclined_ang:1)*(1-sin(t*360*10+90)) 

while keeping the t within 0-1 range

Regards

Pushkar

Hi,

It was the INCLINED_ANGLE:1 parameter that was creating problems for some reason. Changing with a parameter from the INPUT bloc in the assy, it worked.

for some reason, using parameters in the equation, it doesn't allow to the "t" to take values different form 0 to 1.

If you can, file a bug report with PTC. It looked to me from the recent help files that they intend that any of the usual axes could also be used as the independent variable - such as X, Y, Z, R , theta, et al. and not just T. So somehow they determine how to switch; I don't see a selection in the TO and FROM header to tell how the selection is made, so maybe there's a bug.

I'm not so sure if it is a bug or not. I preatty much suppose it doesn't react as I expect, that's for sure.

That's why I'm attaching to images if someone knows if there si something wrong in the equation and maybe Creo treats the equation as it should.

I don't know how to file a bug.t works.PNGt not working.PNG

Top Tags