cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

BELT CONNECTION BUT OPEN FOR MECHANISM

ggarcia
8-Gravel

BELT CONNECTION BUT OPEN FOR MECHANISM

Hi All,

I would Like if is possible make a mechanism with belt open or similar construction.

3 PARTS: Fixed part, Mobile part 1 and Mobile part 2

In blue... The """ Open Belt """

OPEN_BELT.png

Thank you guys.

I hope may you help me.

BR,

Gorka

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisKaswer
15-Moonstone
(To:ggarcia)

It is not possible to have an "open" belt in MDX/MDO. This has been a long-standing request to PTC and something many people can use. It would be nice to see PTC spend our maintenance payments on keeping its software current with user needs.

rjakel
4-Participant
(To:ChrisKaswer)

Christopher,

I fully agree. Furthermore, it's not only the open belt which is missing - even the closed belt functionality is not sufficient for a usual MDO Analysis, since it does not take into account belt forces from belt preload and frictional forces according the fundamental law S1=S2 x e^µa, if a torque is transferred by the belt. In the current state, it’s just an MDX gimmick and this since many years – nothing has happened here.

Not to forget what happens with Creo Simulate currently: Maintenance money is not reinvested, but runs into the internet of things or someone else’s pocket…

It’s very sad what happens at PTC here…

ChrisKaswer
15-Moonstone
(To:rjakel)

Roland,

You are correct, IoT is the "shiny ball" PTC is chasing now and using our maintenance money to fund. I can't help but think that if we all together stopped paying maintenance, it would finally be enough to get PTC's attention.

Top Tags