cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Backup of a part with dependent copy geometry feature

AnkurAggarwal
1-Newbie

Backup of a part with dependent copy geometry feature

I am having a part (say A.prt) with "external copy geometry" feature (dependent on original part, say B.prt). When I take backup of A.prt, i do not get the B.prt in backup directory. Is there any method to get the B.prt also? Thanx Ankur
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You can make a backup of the assembly in which both A.prt and B.prt is.

thanx for the reply. yes u r right. but i have part A and other parts in my assembly but part B is not in the assembly. Actaully I am working on impeller of pump. Part B is vane of impeller and part A is impeller with vane as copy geometry from part B, pattern of copy geometry feature and some other features. Can I take backup of part B? I tried it, but cud not back up part B. Is there any option in config file for it? Ankur

It sounds like you should insert B.prt to the assembly as a skeleton model. That way it doesn't show up in BOM lists etc. If that isn't suitable maybe you can either make the copy geometry independent or simply copy B.prt to the backup directory.

yep, i have simply copied the B.prt to backup dir. dat seems to be the only solution for now. thanx buddy.
Top Tags