cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Beginner Questions

hoffm347
4-Participant

Beginner Questions

Hello. 

I have some basic Parametric Questions that I am trying to find the answer to:

1)  Standard hole wizard uses 75% thread engagement by default and uses the necessary tap drill on the drawing, but I work with a lot of steel parts. Can I change the engagement to 50% so I don't have 75% engagement tap drill call-outs on the drawing? English J drill instead of an F, etc. i.e. the hole wizard is automatically selecting a pilot drill that I do not want and my machine shop has definitely let me know that they would have a hard time tapping at higher percentages. . 

2) I cannot hide my model tree/feature tree on the left side. The toggle button is greyed out. What configuration option would allow me to turn this function on so I can get the model tree/feature tree out of the way.

3) The drawing/sketch zooms out as soon as I change a dimension. How do I disable this?

any information is helpful. thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@hoffm347 wrote:

Hello. 

1)  Standard hole wizard uses 75% thread engagement by default and uses the necessary tap drill on the drawing, but I work with a lot of steel parts. Can I change the engagement to 50% so I don't have 75% engagement tap drill call-outs on the drawing? English J drill instead of an F, etc. i.e. the hole wizard is automatically selecting a pilot drill that I do not want and my machine shop has definitely let me know that they would have a hard time tapping at higher percentages. . 

2) I cannot hide my model tree/feature tree on the left side. The toggle button is greyed out. What configuration option would allow me to turn this function on so I can get the model tree/feature tree out of the way.

3) The drawing/sketch zooms out as soon as I change a dimension. How do I disable this?

Hi,

1.] probably you can create your own hole definition table ... look into Creo help

2.] if you want to hide model tree click the small button in lower left corner of Creo window

3.] I guess user cannot disable sketcher zooming

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@hoffm347 wrote:

Hello. 

Hi,

1.] probably you can create your own hole definition table ... look into Creo help

2.] if you want to hide model tree click the small button in lower left corner of Creo window

Martin Hanák
hoffm347
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Yep. I just did that and it is working great after some research. problem solved. 

fantastic. works great. problem solved. 

I believe this is a configuration file setting. I forgot which one it was but I will find it. 

Thank you for the assistance.

It's probably

sketcher_refit_after_dim_modify

BTW, searching the configuration settings is pretty easy - also can search through the descriptions of settings...

Top Tags