cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Bend relief

bragini
10-Marble

Bend relief

Hello , when i create a drawing of a flat instance of my sheetmetal part , if i set the the tangent edge display style to none , the view don't display the segment that shows the rip relief of my bend.

i need to set tangent edge display style to none for the laser cut machine.

It's possible to show the rip relief whith this display style?

I apologize to everyone for my bad English

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Sometimes we have to fool the system to get what we want. If the flat pattern is part of a drawing, then you can sketch whatever is useful and relate it or even make it parametric. However, little can be done without some intervention.

You can also sketch curves into the part in the model. You can change the line-style of model sketches. You can use the unbend and bend back to aid in creating the sketch.

What I have found useful is having the bend line (axes) scored into the parts.

bragini
10-Marble
(To:bragini)

thanks for your response but i 'm searching a solution more automatic.

If i have to do it manually i may show all bends and then hide with edge display what i don't need.

Best regards

Fabio

You might open a support case and have customer support explain it.

Your observation is quite valid. If you put an intentional rip in your part, it should show as an edge.

You can also submit an idea with your justification.

Top Tags