cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Bill of Material Information Disappears after regeneration

ahicks
1-Newbie

Bill of Material Information Disappears after regeneration

Hi,

I'm hoping this is something simple or just a malfunction of some sort, however, I'm having a issue with my Bill or Material table.

I have all the correct parameters linked to the desired coloms and the correct information displays in the coloms when I initially enter it. However when I either regenerate the drawing, or even move the drawing around the information disappears. Am I missing something, or is there an option I need to change.

I looked into some of the Post-Regeneration options to see if there was anything strange there that would cause the information to disappear upon regeneration.

Please, If you have any knowledge or if anyone else has experienced this, please comment below. I cannot print out this drawing because the information keeps disappearing and thus this is holding up our production process.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Antjuan, welcome to the forum. Two possibilities come to mind at the moment:

1. Change in active model for either the drawing or the table.
  2. Text for the table is on a layer that is hidden.

I've seen both of the above cause behavior like what you describe. Try unhiding everything in the drawing layers to see if the information comes back...then update sheets and regen. Also verify that the model you want is driving your table/drawing.

Thanks Eric for your response.

I checked all my layers to see if any were hidden, however they were all showing. I also checked the model that was driving the table. I'm not sure if another instance was driving the table at the time, however after I selected the desired instance, the information came up.

Unfortunately, everytime I regenerate the information would still disappear, But at least now the information will remain on the page while I move it around and also stays long enough for me to save it as a PDF to get it printed out with the info on there.

Although this may not be a perminent fix, it will just have to do for the time being.

Thanks again for your help

Does the part with which you are having issues belong to a family table? If so, are the parameter blank on the generic part?

Check out these discussions and see if it helps:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/185834#185834

http://communities.ptc.com/message/185832#185832

http://communities.ptc.com/message/185814#185814

Thanks, Dale

Hi Dale, thanks for responding to my post.

The model that I am using doesn't belong to a family table, however the model is a copy of another model.

I'm thinking that the bill of material table was possibly linked to the original model at first instead of the copy since the names are similar. Thus I believe that may be the reason as to why the information at least stays on the page now while I moved it around instead of disappearing as before.

Regards.

Top Tags