cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Blue Cross Sections??

mbrehmer
6-Contributor

Blue Cross Sections??

Hey all,

Just went from 5.0 to 6.0.1.0 and now when we edit definitions while a cross section is activated. We get a blue cross section color. Like the whole section is blue with no definitive part outlines to be seen. Pretty terrible when trying to re-constrain interior parts of an assembly.

Anyone else run into this or know of a way to change how an X-Section looks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mbrehmer)

We're running into this too, but only on certain assemblies.  Looks like it's a known bug and has been corrected in 6.0.4.0 (due out sometime this month.)

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS313599

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

I don't know if it's done the same way in the latest Creo, but there is a file I use to define specific colors for things, called "syscol.scl".

Inside that file is a line that says

alias_sec_dim_strong_color_to   system_letter_color

And to use that file I have a callout in my "config.pro" file that states

system_colors_file  c:\ptc\DefaultFiles\syscol.scl

The trouble with color specifications is it's like an arcane art. There isn't anywhere that I've been able to find where you can get a list of the things you can specify in the "syscol.scl" file and what they mean. Any other specifications I've set were copied from other people's files, etc.

If anyone knows of  a reference somewhere from the dark recesses of time that gives me a list of these things, it would be really helpful...

mbrehmer
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

I've tried changing all the colors in appearances that were the blue color, to something else. To no avail...

Also gone into the Syscol.scl file and tried changing the "SYSTEM_SECTION_COLOR" This did not change the blue when editing components with the cross section active...

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mbrehmer)

We're running into this too, but only on certain assemblies.  Looks like it's a known bug and has been corrected in 6.0.4.0 (due out sometime this month.)

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS313599

@TomU @mbrehmer Have you been able to test this out with Creo 6.0.4.0? I want to make sure the issue has been cleared up for you.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:lwestbrook)

@lwestbrook,

Yes, the issue appears to be resolved in 6.0.4.0.  Thanks!

mbrehmer
6-Contributor
(To:lwestbrook)

Yes 6.0.4.0 has resolved the blue cross sectioning when re-constraining a part!

I think I found a workaround for this issue with a config setting, but I am not sure what the setting actually does. I added config setting "graphics win32_gdi" to my config.pro and the issue went away. 

I am not sure what other things this setting might be affecting. I looked through the Configurations Options document and it is not listed. 

I am running Creo 6.0.3.0

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Phillip1)

If the "graphics win32_gdi" option fixes your problem, that means you have a graphics card/driver issue. The option is used for troubleshooting graphics card issues. You MAY have performance issues with Creo if you continue using the option. 

Try updating your graphics card drivers AND remove the "graphics win32_gdi" option from your config to see if you can correctly solve your issue.

You are correct. 

Top Tags