This discussion is a test to help bring people from the defunct exploder over to the community. Here is what the exploder people are going to be told to do. Go to the community. Log in or create an account then log in. Pick the Creo drop down then the modeling tab. link for community is below.
Then Follow Modeling like this
Then respond to this post anyway you want for experimental purposes.
This is a link to the community page if you do not know it. https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/welcome
Welcome to the "community".
Granted it is cold to get in the water but once in it's not so bad.
Clicked reply to this message by doing to PTC community link. (I was logged in already) and simple reply button in lower right. Not to bad now I will log out and see if it goes the same way.
Still a few things that are problems with community.
1. If I have this forum post go to my email then I should be able to reply via email without having to go to the community page to do so.
2. It does not seem to forward my own replies or posts to my email. This makes me ponder if my involvement went unnoticed.
3. I reserve the right to add more as I experiment some more.
4. Got one already. You should not have to switch to the advanced editor to add an attachment to the post.
1. that was a request from the PTC/User people from the beginning. It was refused.
2. nope, I don't think you can make it send you notifications for your own posts.
3. Your right is reserved!!
4. You can copy/paste images directly in to a post but unfortunately you have to use the advanced editor to attach a file.
David setup similar screenshots / documentation over here:
Good day Ron,
Welcome to PTC Community!
For Jive best practices, please click here PTC Community Help
Regarding the best ways to follow content and have it come to you, please see this document How do I Follow people, places, and content?
You may be alerted within your inbox for content / discussions, but you will need to log into your account to participate and respond; there will be a link within the email notification that will take you to the discussion within PTC Community.
Please let me know if I can be of any help or if you have any Jive functionality questions.