cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Buggy and totally inconsistent layer rules behavior part 2 (the cure for my problem, at least).

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Buggy and totally inconsistent layer rules behavior part 2 (the cure for my problem, at least).

Yes PTC, I'm calling this a bug.  I COULD tell you how I fixed it, but I'm not going to continue to beta-test and find Pro/WORKAROUNDS for free.

My problem was I had several curves that I needed to automatically NOT be put on the "03_CURVES" layer, while making sure ALL other curves, no matter what type (wrap, project, sketch, via equation etc..) went there and ONLY there.  Some time ago, PTC changed how curves behave, making the one used most a "sketch" instead of being under the "datum" command.  I think this kinda FUBAR'd some of the behavior.

So, I have a specific curve in all my start models to prevent the initial normal feature from being a zillion units long, works great.  I named it and had a specific layer "03_START_SIZE_CURVE" that had rules to put ONLY that one curve feature on there.  Then I have a text curve or 2 used for part marking, driven by a parameter, and wanted these curves to go on a "03_PART_MARKING_CURVES" layer, and not end up on any other layer.  I tried just about every combination of rules to get it to work, with much use of the Pro/FANITY module but zero success.  Nothing I tried that SHOULD have worked, actually worked.  The same exact type of rules I used for some other layers/feature types, absolutely refused to work (i.e. Curve Feature Name != PART_MARKING_CURVE).  For no apparent reason.  I tried every combo, and after many hours last night and this morning, finally found a Pro/WORKAROUND that works.

PTC really needs to fix this.  What would be best is to be able to write the rules like equations, with conditions in parenthesis.

If people really need the cure, PM me and I'll send you the fix via an offline e-mail.  Like I said, I'm not gonna beta-test for PTC for free.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags