cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

COMPOSITE CURVE

dbodar
1-Newbie

COMPOSITE CURVE

As shown in image, I want to join this two curve, which is drawn in two different plan.

So, now i want to join this two curve...

For this i cant found any command in creo..

in solidworks there is a command, named as COMPOSITE CURVE..

I am sure that this command is there in creo, bt i cant found it...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The trick is CTRL-C to copy the geometry and CTRL-V to paste it - this brings you to the composite curve feature. I don't know of another way to get there.

I am intrigued with the suggestion put out by Antonius and will try it out the next time I am able. It looks very promising and more stable and easier to create...

-Nate

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Deepak -

There may be another way to do this - what I will show you will seem very awkward and strange... But it works.

Attached is a video - quicker for me than typing. Please let me know if you have questions.

Video Link : 5062

Hope this helps!

-Nate

Respected Sir,

I got your point,

bt as u shown in video, you select composite curve command...

So, from where ypu find this command..

Any need of config for this command..???

The trick is CTRL-C to copy the geometry and CTRL-V to paste it - this brings you to the composite curve feature. I don't know of another way to get there.

I am intrigued with the suggestion put out by Antonius and will try it out the next time I am able. It looks very promising and more stable and easier to create...

-Nate

Thanks

Nw i got ypur point...

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:dbodar)

Creo uses datum references to create intent curves. You select curves and make them into a single reference feature by doing this.

intent_reference.png

I know there use to be other methods, but this one is probably the current direction PTC is heading with this type of feature.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Interesting, I never noticed that feature before. Thanks Antonius!

I was going to suggest setting the filter to "Geometry", selecting one curve, then doing a ctrl-c then ctrl-v to cut & paste, then use the "Details" to select either single entities, or go rule-based, etc.

Is there an advantage to using a reference feature as opposed to a copy?

It is a very easy way to pick references -and- modify references for subsequent features.

Greater use of this feature would help solve a lot of failures when references are deleted.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Yup, I've found the rules-based selection very helpful when projecting or wrapping curves onto surfaces. I just use the "All curves in feature" or "All solid surfaces" options.

Thanks a lot..

i got this new procedure for composite curve...

Top Tags