cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

CREO 3 m120 to m180 quilts open now for cosmetic threads?

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

CREO 3 m120 to m180 quilts open now for cosmetic threads?

I just upgraded from CREO3 M120 to M180 and now all my cosmetic threads are open surfaces where they touch solids. Is this a bug now, or maybe a config option to change it back?

thanks

Matt

7 REPLIES 7
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:Inoram)

@Inoram

Can you share a file from M120 whoch can display issue in M180?

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

I now also see, it shows open quilts in Hidden Line display but not in wireframe display, that's weird. Not really any files to share, it's all files all the time.

edit:  I just noticed the forum cuts the quality down so low, you cant see the difference.

cos-threads.JPGcos-thd2.JPG

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I don't have M120 installed but I just tested this in M150 and M180 and I can't reproduce it.  If you create a new model in M180 is the problem still there?  If so, you might want to temporarily remove all config settings, custom .ui files, and custom .dtl files and see if the problem still exists.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Yes, new model same thing. I haven't tried other things yet.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

If you have

hlr_for_quilts yes

then it does it.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I don't have 3.0 M120 to test with right now, but every other version I've tested acts exactly the same way.  If 'hlr_for_quilts' is set to 'no' the edge is purple and if set to 'yes' the edge is yellow (using default color scheme.)

hlr_for_quilts.png

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

Yes, they changed something at some point, just the first time I had seen it. I've only been using Creo4 as an importing/exporting tool so far. I mainly use Creo2.

Top Tags