cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

CREO 3D Print Axis

jmarck
3-Visitor

CREO 3D Print Axis

I'm using CREO to generate STL files for my 3D printer and I noticed today after having to reorient my models in my slicing program that CREO doesn't orient the default planes consistently between the modeling part of the program and the 3D printing part of the program. 

For example, if you extrude a sketch on the TOP plane, that becomes a side plane in CREO's 3D printing application. Not a horrible thing to work around but definitely a little annoying. Am I missing something?

1 REPLY 1
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:jmarck)

If you are using template models the orientation of the 'Top' plane may have been changed. It's easy to create a template that matches the desired orientation or create a part to use as a basis for new parts.

There have been various discussions in this forum about orientations, and I never cared enough to pay attention, mostly because too many users would create models based on what they would call 'Front' or 'Top' (for example) without regard to how the part was detailed or installed.

Top Tags