cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Can someone help me with this graphic problem?

ptc-5050036
1-Newbie

Can someone help me with this graphic problem?

Hi,

in this YouTube-video you can see what my problem is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww1jEbeg2C8&feature=youtu.be

I Use Creo 1.0 and have an ATI Radeon HD 5450.

Could someone help me solving this problem?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5050036)

Is this something that has been going on all the time or has it just started? If it has just started, was there a driver that updated. Antonius has had problems with drivers that are automatically updated casuing recent problems. If is has been going on since the initial install, possibly something in the set-up.

I just installed Creo 1.0 on my PC and since then this problem occurs.

That reminds me of an old problem that would act similarly but it was the edge of windows that were dragged across the screen that would get duplicated. The solution was to disable the setting 'Show Window contents while dragging.'

I have no idea where that setting would be now, that goes back to Windows XP. It's not really the same, but maybe it'll lead you down a path that will get a solution.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

This is a problem that many thought was resolved years ago.

Most likely it is a driver problem, specifically, an optional setting in the auto-loaded junkware. You might need to go to PTC and find out what driver is supported for that graphics card. in general, you want the most basic setup you can load.

David,

Have you tried to set your config.pro option for "Graphics"? By default it is 'OPENGL', but you can also try 'D3D' for DirectX or 'WIN32_GDI' for standard windows 32 bit graphics calls (win32_gdi is not recommended for production use, just for thesting) With the Radeon HD series, you might be better off using the DirectX option. Or change your graphics card to a FirePro or Quadro Professional Series that are made more for OPENGL use.

Thank you very much, that fixed it! But for the future I'll be trying to find the right drivers.

Top Tags