cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Can't start Creo Elements Direct Modeling Express

ptc-2416402
1-Newbie

Can't start Creo Elements Direct Modeling Express

Hi,

Having downloaded Creo Elements Direct Modeling Express, created an account and installed the software, nothing happens when I start the programme. I expected to see an activation screen, but nothing happens except a few brief whirrs from the hard drive.

I have an active internet connection.

Anti-virus program is turned off.

I'm running Windows XP SP3, any ideas?

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Might the following thread helps .... http://communities.ptc.com/message/170348#170348

Assuming that the version is Creo Elements/Direct Express 4.0 - the newest version.

is there any warning about olape?

The permissions in regedit are ok.

No warnings at all. Simply does not work and i don't know why.

how old is that machine? We have seen - with Modeling PE 3.0 - that some of the older machines (CPU) are causing trouble when starting. And is this PE 3.0 or 4.0?

Hi,

I am having the same problem, Creo elements direct modeling does not start at all. I can see the process SolidDesigner.exe and/or SD.exe in the taskmanager for few seconds, but then they disappear and nothing happens.

Using Windows XP Professional SP3

+ using ESET antivir, but tried also to turn it off and still it is the same.

I tried also to modify registry as mentioned in the linked thread above, but still no change.

Did anybody find the solution?

I might suggest re-installing the application. Maybe something changed in your license application or a file has become corrupted.

For what it's worth, mine is still booting.

Thanks for the answer.

I tried it several times and I also downloaded CoCreate 3.0, which was the previous version and the result is always the same.

Has anything changed recently?

Are you using the Express version, or the licensed version?

I have had a wireless lan update change my registry causing havoc with my license. I had to change the priority order of the network cards in the windows registry to get it to behave.

Registry information is in this post:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/192337#192337

I am just installing it first time, and I cannot even get to the licensing screen as the program does not start.

In that case, I would recommend contacting the PTC support group. You might have an incompatibility in your system. I have run Elements 4.0 Express on a couple of computers without issues so this is a mystery. One is on Windows 7 Pro and one on Windows 7 Home

Top Tags