cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Can tables be locked to prevent changes?

ShawnPete
1-Newbie

Can tables be locked to prevent changes?

I have some parameters in a format that need to update when the format is used in a drawing. At the moment I have the parameters in a table allow them to be updated (in a note they don't seem to update and can't be used in a drawing, though they can't be changed). The parameters themselves can't be changed, but they can be deleted from (or replaced by similar text) the table, and then the entire table can be deleted.

Is there any way to prevent this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

You threaten the employee that does this with termination papers

Seriously, I don't know how you can avoid such changes. You can help by creating locked layer or maybe a read only external reference. Normally it is enough to have policies in place to prevent "shortcuts" just to throw the job over the fence for the next poor sap who has to figure out what happened.

If you are doing a check function, however, you can probably toggle the symbols and see if this was changed. I'm sure that certain modelcheck functions can throw warnings too if needed. I am not one that believes in significant automation so I might be the wrong guy to comment.

Top Tags