cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Cannot extrude in a certain direction.

simran
6-Contributor

Cannot extrude in a certain direction.

Hello everyone, I often face a problem in doing extrusion while modeling that the extrude feature is not working when I try to extrude in a certain direction, I am attaching the screenshot of the problem it will give u guys a better idea of my problem.

In this picture i have made a sketch (its closed, i checked and rechecked), but when i try to extrude the sketch it does not add material to it and says upon accepting that the extrude feature cannot be generated please click ok to accept or cancel to undo the changes.

(the extrusion is from left to right and not from front to back)

Moreover when i slightly modify the sketch from the top side, that is making the spline at the top side of the sketch slightly lower, it extrudes it fine.

Whats causing that problem?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Is the sketch coincident with some existing solid geometry? Have you tried changing the part accuracy settings (both value and relative/absolute)?

It's often a good idea, where possible, to make cuts and extrusions overlap existing geometry rather than ending exactly on the surface.

Top Tags