Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centerline on drawing????

Centerline on drawing????

Working with Wildfire build 490 and Intralink 3.3

How do I get a centerline thrtough the middle of a part in a drawing view? For the life of me I cannot remember how I used to do this. I have a center datum plane in the part but I cannot find anyway to sketch an entity (centerline) that is on this center datum plane. I found a way to sketch a 2D datum but then it shows as a datum plane and not as a centerline. Anyone know a good way to do this?

David Hannebohn
Designer 1
Seating Engineering
616-393-4243
Dell workstation 017732
1 REPLY 1

Re: Centerline on drawing????

Had several people tell me the same thing. Works very well:

"I will create a datum axis in the model then show it in the drawing. You can attach an "CL" symbol/note to the view, also.
Good luck."

Thanks for the help!

David Hannebohn
Designer 1
Seating Engineering
616-393-4243
Dell workstation 017732

>>> "David Hannebohn" <david.hannebohn@haworth.com> 04/06/04 11:26AM >>>

Working with Wildfire build 490 and Intralink 3.3

How do I get a centerline thrtough the middle of a part in a drawing view? For the life of me I cannot remember how I used to do this. I have a center datum plane in the part but I cannot find anyway to sketch an entity (centerline) that is on this center datum plane. I found a way to sketch a 2D datum but then it shows as a datum plane and not as a centerline. Anyone know a good way to do this?

David Hannebohn
Designer 1
Seating Engineering
616-393-4243
Dell workstation 017732
--- You are currently subscribed to draft as: david.hannebohn@haworth.com. To unsubscribe send a blank e-mail to -. For assistance, email us at - or find other contacts at www.ptcuser.org/org/contacts.html. PTC/USER and the PTC/USER logo are registered trademarks of PTC/USER, Inc. Pro/ENGINEER is a registered trademark of PTC. Message authors are solely responsible for the content of their posts.
Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!