cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Centerlines be symmetric with a other centerline

vlincent
5-Regular Member

Centerlines be symmetric with a other centerline

Hello all,

I have a question regadering symmetric and centerlines.

Is it possible to have two centerlines be

symmetric with 1 centerline in the middle via the symmetric constrain?

I want this so that i could create two features that are on each side of the centerline which are symmetric.

Kind regards,

Vincent Ruhe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:vlincent)

Creo seems to only use points in creating symmetry.  I would be nice if Creo would also allow lines and center lines to be symmetric about a centerline.  I believe CATIA even allows symmetry without creating a centerline.

An Idea for this functionality has been created.  Vote for it to let PTC you would like to see it added.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Sketch-symmetric-constraint/idi-p/638867

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Well, one way is you could make 2 construction points that are symmetric about a centerline.  Then draw 2 new centerlines; each is coincident to the point and parallel to the original centerline.

vlincent
5-Regular Member
(To:pausob)

That works, but with a detour. Is there an explanation as to why it is not possible to create two symmetric centerlines directly?

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:vlincent)

Creo seems to only use points in creating symmetry.  I would be nice if Creo would also allow lines and center lines to be symmetric about a centerline.  I believe CATIA even allows symmetry without creating a centerline.

An Idea for this functionality has been created.  Vote for it to let PTC you would like to see it added.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Sketch-symmetric-constraint/idi-p/638867

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags