cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Change position of part parameters

gpeetersem
11-Garnet

Change position of part parameters

Hi guys,

I'm having some exsisting parts and assemblies in Creo3.0, these parts do have parameters. Now I'd like to create some new parameters in these parts. When I open the parameter-list, the existing parameters are sorted in the way they have been created. But now I'd like to put some parameters in between some existing parameters. Does anyone know how to do that, without deleting and recreating the existing parameters?

designed_by_parameter.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, am i missing something here? If all you want to do is move up a newly created parameter then use the arrow keys at the right hand side. See attached image.

John

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

By default they are sorted by their order of creation, I guess. You can change the order by clicking on the different columns, and they'll be sorted by the column in ascending or descending order. You can't "insert" a new parameter between two others, but with the ability to sort, maybe it doesn't matter.

Hi Ken,

thanks for your reply. I already did know that we can sort them. But the problem is that we are used to have them in orde of creation (without any sorting filter). And we like this orde, but we only want to have one parameter in between the others...

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:gpeetersem)

One thing I noticed is that the columns can be sorted 3 ways, not just up and down. The third display method is by your display order, so you can toggle between alphabetic sorted and display sorted.When the display is display sorted, there is no arrow next to the word 'Name' in the header.

Thanks guys, for all the answers!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KenFarley)

Adding a new parameter in the middle (which is not possible) will mess up your 'the look we are used to' display anyway. With that list, it may be time to sort them by name and save your updated start part. Your users will get used to the sorted list in a few days. This is a personal preference and those can not play any influence into software design.

Hi,

click Name column header to sort the list.

sort.png

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply. But this is the same as Ken is proposing. Problem is that this isn't the solution we are looking for...

Instead of the default "Filter_By" create a new one and order to your own liking...
Ian C

Hello, am i missing something here? If all you want to do is move up a newly created parameter then use the arrow keys at the right hand side. See attached image.

John

Hi John,

Great, I think that's the answer I was waiting for Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot. This will help me a lot!

Happy that was the answer you were looking for. I have parameters listed in a particular order too. I think i am right in saying that Creo does not always save a newly created parameter in the position you move it to. If this happens just simply move back to where you require it & it should stay put second time around.

John

Well well well, I had always ignored those arrows, thinking they were some sort of lame scrolling "helper". I feel like such a fool. No ice cream for me, today, as punishment.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:KenFarley)

Nice, thanks John!

Yeah Ken, I feel the same, I always thought they were for scrolling too.  Doh!  I never used them.  Dunno if they'd help me much as I'm used to simply sorting by name, but it's good to know.

For me, I make all my "user" or my flexible parameters have a prefix to always put them at the top of the list if sorting by name.  I use either: AA_PARAMETERNAME  or: "A1_PARAMETERNAME" and that always puts them at the top, sorted by name.

Top Tags