cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Change references to a cross section?

DareDevil
1-Newbie

Change references to a cross section?

Is there any way to change the reference plane for a cross section? My redefine option is locked for some reason, greyed out...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I am also unable to change the plane refrence of a cross section. I beleive this is the intended functionality of Pro/E to eliminate the posibility of changing a section in a way that can cause failure to the associated drawing views. In your case, would it be difficult to re-create the section?

Hi Sam

I suppose you are right. And no, it is not that hard to create a new one... but I would like to have my view to update when I change the section. Or at least have PTC tell my that my references will be lost if I edit my cross section instead of just not letting me.

Thank you for your awnser

I see. Whenever I need to create a section that I know will change references in the future I like to first create a Datum Plane and then create a section using that datum plane. This way if you redefine the original Datum Plane then the section will update accordingly

Top Tags