cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Change template of existing model

BWS
9-Granite
9-Granite

Change template of existing model

Hello,

Is it possible to change the "startmodel" template of an existing model?

For example: I've added a new combined view to my default template, and I want this view also added to all the parts I made in the past with this template.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:BWS)

@BWS 

No such option available as of now... 

TomU
23-Emerald IV

A template is just an existing object (drawing, part, assembly, etc.) that is getting copied to a new object at the initial time of creation.  Once the copy happens, there is no relationship maintained between the original object (the template) and the new object that was created from it.  Future changes to the template will have no impact whatsoever on any objects previously created from that template.

dnordin
15-Moonstone

Check with some of the 3rd party vendors (Etrage, Software Factory, etc.).  I thought one of the 3rd party vendors developed a tool that would examine the items in the template model, compare them to another model, report on the differences, and allow the user to update the model.  It was similar to what ModelCHECK does, but you simply specify your template model instead of specifying each item as you do in ModelCHECK.

I know both Etrage and Software Factory offer programs that expand on the existing ModelCHECK capabilities.  Other vendors may do so as well.

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags