cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Changing Mass Properties from Tonnes to Kgs?

CarraM29
6-Contributor

Changing Mass Properties from Tonnes to Kgs?

Does anyone know how to chance the mass properties of an object from tonnes to kgs?

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:CarraM29)

Looks like nothing more than a simple revolve sketched on a plane through the center of the model.

Revolve.PNG

CarraM29
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

I thought it would be something simple but when I'm trying to sketch onto the plane where I need the circle to go the plane is away from the object and I need it to be bang on the object (ive added a picture with the plane in green).

Still quite new to all this so maybe im making things more difficult than they need to be!

Since it's a revolve you would sketch a centerline and a rectangle. If you want to project you select the green datum and choose the projection direction towards the previous feature.

You certainly could try a revolve. If that does not work, I would suggest creating a circular extrude.

If you know how far the flat of the object needs to be from the existing "side" plane, then create an offset plane at that distance. Once you have that, you can extrude a circle up to your cylinder/desired depth, and add a round afterwards.

Otherwise, make a plane tangent to the main cylinder and parallel to "side." Then extrude your circle, but make sure it extrudes in both directions, both towards and away from your cylinder - Creo is finicky about planes ending exactly tangent. After that, again finish with your round.

I hope this helps!

CarraM29
6-Contributor
(To:dbasile)

Thanks for this.  I offset the plane and got it to work no problem.

Top Tags