cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Changing the color of a feature

OrlandoPadilla
1-Newbie

Changing the color of a feature

I was wanting to know if there was a way on changing the color of an individual feature when you are building a part. I am able to change the color of the whole part but I would like certain features to have a different look so they are able to stand out from the feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know what exactly this is needed for but if it for coloring the finishing features on a raw part here is a trick:

Suppress all non - raw part features

Go to the appearances dialogue, select part and color it red (e.g.) Then select all surfces and color them in the desired part color.

Now resume and you will find that all finishing features (their surfaces) are red.

All new features (their surfaces) will be red.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It would be nice if you could just click on the feature inthe model tree with the paintbrush but as far as I know you cant. You can select the surfaces of the feature & make it different than the rest of the part.

I don't know what exactly this is needed for but if it for coloring the finishing features on a raw part here is a trick:

Suppress all non - raw part features

Go to the appearances dialogue, select part and color it red (e.g.) Then select all surfces and color them in the desired part color.

Now resume and you will find that all finishing features (their surfaces) are red.

All new features (their surfaces) will be red.

I need to change the color of the feature for the 2D drawing to identify different textures. Changing the color of the surfaces doesn't help. For example, for a supplier component conformed of 2 different parts (and it is not an assembly, it is a part), I need it. 

You can color features from ModelTree using SmartColor from B&W:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkYfZ68-1r4

https://www.buw-soft.de/en/mbd-model-based-definition/smartcolor/

Kind regards,

Matevž Cestnik

Top Tags