cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Check that Creo parameters have proper units

AlejandroSamped
6-Contributor

Check that Creo parameters have proper units

Hello,

We think it is an essential requirement for a product development software to ensure engineering parameters are assigned a unit and that this unit is the correct one. For example, that a mass parameter has a unit assigned and this unit is kilograms.

It is a business requirement for my company that certain parameters of models in Creo Parametric 2.0 are set up with their proper units, given that these parameters are defined in our PDMLink system and Creo will show an error preventing check-in if the parameters are without a consistent unit.

ModelCHECK cannot check if the parameters have units and after having investigated myself (inserting relations with units etc), and then with PTC support and in this community, my conclusion is that there is not a workaround for this. The only way for a designer to fix this is to manually go into the parameters table and manually go through the list, and then the dropdown lists twice, to select type of unit and what unit, which are quite a number of clicks, or time. There should be a way to automatize this check and correct it in case it's wrong.

We see this as an essential functionality which should be out of the box or in ModelCHECK, not via mapkeys or Pro/toolkits, which are solutions usually hard to centrally maintain, when we're in the context of a big enterprise.

Therefore I'm posting this as a Product Idea and am looking forward to your comments and developments in this area.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Alex Sampedro.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags