cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Clip Suppress or Suppress Loop

Pieface
6-Contributor

Clip Suppress or Suppress Loop

Creo 3: I have been having an issue with suppressing or clip suppressing instance features.  I have a Generic Part and am changing dimensional values by using a Family Table.  I open an instance and there is a feature that fails.  I choose Clip/Suppress, the prompt to access (Yes/No) appears and I select Yes to continue.  The same failed feature keeps repeating and I cannot get out of it.  See below.

Feature 59 of an instance fails because I changed a dim.  It is a surf to surf round.

Feat 59 fails.JPG

I select Quick Fix>Clip/Suppress, the prompt "Yes/No" appears and I select "Yes".  Creo loops and displays Feature 59 failed.  It is a never ending loop.  I have not been able to find a solution.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Not a real fix but you might see if precision is failing the feature.

Otherwise you will need to find a robust way to manage this feature.

I suspect the Clip/Suppress option is only temporary.

This needs to be addressed at the geometry level.

You could use relations that make sure that only valid values can be used.

Pieface
6-Contributor
(To:TomD.inPDX)

The solution is to choose "Quick Fix>Delete".  Delete does not delete the feature in the Generic and only adds the feature with "N" to the Family Table.  Now the feature can be changed in the Generic or the dimensional value can be added to the family table to allow it to regenerate properly.

The following appears in the Family Table after choosing "Delete":

Fam Tab Deleted Feat.JPG

Our CAD Standards do not allow us to change the Accuracy of parts.  We must use Absolute Accuracy of .004.  I do not know why someone determined we cannot change accuracy of parts except in the past the higher accuracy caused longer time to regenerate parts.  With today's computing power I do not think an accuracy change that allows parts to regenerate properly would be any issue/concern at all?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Pieface)

Accuracy changes can cause failures in merge/inheritance features, if you use them. I generally agree that you should not change the accuracy, but I don't agree that it should be "not allowed".

Top Tags