cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Closed Datum Curve?

ptc-1263906
1-Newbie

Closed Datum Curve?

How do I create a closed datum curve having the ends be tangent to each other?

I have a CMM inpection points from a round plastic part that I need to import and then put datum curves thru the points.

When I do this the ends are not tangent to each other.

Thank you,

Russ

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

First create line which will be reference to pick during define tangency. If this is difficult to predict that line you can use your points and create 3D curve first with no tangency at ends and create second curve base on the same points, but lets start on opposite side (180 deg.) the first curve should be good reference for define tangency at the ends of the second curve.

Hi Russ...

What version of Pro/E (or Creo) are you using? In Creo Elements Pro/5.0 (Wildfire 5.0), if you make a curve through points, the start/end should be defaulting to TANGENT. If not, select the Tangency option from the menu and make sure at both the Start and End you have Tangent checked. This should close your curve with perfect tangency.

If you're in Wildfire 4 or earlier I'll have to go back and see what the options are in those packages. In WF5, this should be easy.

Let me know if this works or if we need to dig deeper. You can also set tangency to surfaces and other objects incase you need this feature.

Thanks!

-Brian

Click the image below for a larger screen shot.tangent_curves.png

Top Tags