cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Component Interface

mszwabowski
13-Aquamarine

Component Interface

My company is using Creo 4.0 & Windchill 11.1.  We use the Component Interface for many fasteners.  The Top datum plane is used to place the fastener.  In Creo 3.0, it placed the fasteners perfectly.  In Creo 4.0, the items are being placed 180° from where they were in Creo 3.0.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If so, is there a setting to force the Component Interface to behave the way it did in Creo 3.0?

5 REPLIES 5

Is it on the placement of NEW fasteners, or is it flipping fasteners already placed?

This is why my fastener library uses the surfaces of the solid, not a datum plane, I think it's more robust that way.

It is flipping the placement of items that had the component interface designed prior to Creo 4.0.

For example, the placement was created in Creo 3.0.  In a solid model created in 3.0, the fastener is placed properly.  In a solid model created in 4.0, the fastener is placed upside down.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mszwabowski)

Are you using the same start parts for Creo3 and Creo4?

It sounds like the datum planes have been flipped.

mszwabowski
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

I am using the same start parts for both Creo 3.0 & Creo 4.0.  The datum plane that's being used is the Top datum plane.  Its orientation is set by default.  As far as I know, the positive/negative sides of the default datum planes didn't change from one version of Creo to the next.

Oddly, if I create a datum plane through the Top datum plane and flip its display, the fastener will be placed properly.  The problem is the original interface is used in 20-30 Family Tables in Windchill.  It's not feasible to change the Family Tables as it'll create regeneration issues in assemblies where it was working properly.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mszwabowski)

This article applies to Creo 1 and 2, but it sounds similar to what you're describing:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS66863

Top Tags