cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Constrain Angular Travel of Ball Joint?

ptc-3068589
1-Newbie

Constrain Angular Travel of Ball Joint?

Assembling a ball joint for a suspension for a car in Pro-E/Creo...

Constraining the ball joint is simple in itself, but it allows for 360 degrees of unconstrained motion about the center point. For modeling interference on a heim joint/rod end, this is unrealistic. I need to constraint the ball joint, lets say, to 50 degrees to movement off of a neutral axis through it, I.E. if the "axis" of the "ball" would create a "cone" in space if you were to move the ball joint about it's limit of rotation.

If anyone could help me out that would be great. I was thinking of making some form of constrait stating that the axis of the ball itself can't be more than 25 degrees off of a stationary axis... but I don't really know if I can do that.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-3068589)

I am trying to create a chain in Creo and encounter the same problem.

ball joint seems the most suitable connection type to simply connect two chain links, you are able to limit the "cone opening angle" in Creo 2, but the cone is always 360 degrees revolved. It would be nice if I could set limits for this to avoid interference! Does anyone know how to succesfully avoid this?

Clipboard02.jpg

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:bp)

You'll need to use two pin joints.

Top Tags