cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Copy Geometry included in my license but is grayed out

triangle1218
2-Guest

Copy Geometry included in my license but is grayed out

I'm using Creo7.0 at my current workplace, which has only one Creo license (Creo Parametric Essentials Team).
I have just set up a Creo Essentials Home Use license (PROE_EssentialsMHome) to work from home, but I am not able to use the Copy Geometry function (it's grayed out).

However, this function was available on my workplace computer. Is this a limitation for Home Use licenses?
Or is my license at home not configured properly or not being recognized?

If I go to the Licenses tab in the options menu, it doesn't show any additional licenses - however, my workplace computer, which has the Copy Geometry function available, shows exactly the same (no additional licenses).

I'm able to use other basic functions, so I know the license is being recognized. Additionally, if I go to File→Help→System Information, in the list of the installed Optional Modules of my license, "ASSY_PERFORMANCE" is included, which as far as I know should allow me to use the Copy Geometry function.

I just don't understand the reason why Copy Geometry (and possibly some other functions) are not able to be used, or how to fix this problem.

Can anybody help me figure out what's causing this and how I can solve it?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@triangle1218 wrote:

I'm using Creo7.0 at my current workplace, which has only one Creo license (Creo Parametric Essentials Team).
I have just set up a Creo Essentials Home Use license (PROE_EssentialsMHome) to work from home, but I am not able to use the Copy Geometry function (it's grayed out).

However, this function was available on my workplace computer. Is this a limitation for Home Use licenses?

If I go to the Licenses tab in the options menu, it doesn't show any additional licenses - however, my workplace computer, which has the Copy Geometry function available, shows exactly the same (no additional licenses).

I'm able to use other basic functions, so I know the license is being recognized. Additionally, if I go to File→Help→System Information, in the list of the installed Optional Modules of my license, "ASSY_PERFORMANCE" is included, which as far as I know should allow me to use the Copy Geometry function.

I just don't understand the reason why Copy Geometry (and possibly some other functions) are not able to be used, or how to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

no solution is available.

Creo Parametric Essentials Team license ... contains ASSEMBLY module

Creo Essentials Home Use license ... does not contain ASSEMBLY module

Note: You can borrow Creo Parametric Essentials Team license to your home PC.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@triangle1218 wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

no solution is available.

Creo Parametric Essentials Team license ... contains ASSEMBLY module

Creo Essentials Home Use license ... does not contain ASSEMBLY module

Note: You can borrow Creo Parametric Essentials Team license to your home PC.

Martin Hanák

That is what I had suspected, but I wasn't sure.

I reauthorized my Essentials Home Use license so many times on my home computer trying to fix it! 

Now I'll move on to try borrowing the Essentials Team license.

Thank you so much for answering my question!

Top Tags